Manage episode 275609573 series 83575
Ashley "BadAsh" Wilson is back today to discuss how she's shifted strategies since her popular first appearance on the show two years ago.
Today's topics: Jumping from house flipping and short-term rentals into large multifamily; finding and using your unique ability when getting started; and how women can (and should!) use real estate investing to secure financial independence.
Want to know how many offers it takes to land a 150-unit apartment building in Houston? Interested in multifamily, but unsure where to start? You'll get answers in this show – and in the multifamily "tip sheet" she prepared just for our audience (download it below).
If you are a woman who's determined to get into real estate investing – or if you think your wife, mother, sister, or daughter would benefit from hearing Ashley's story – pick up a copy of her new book, The Only Woman in the Room: Knowledge and Inspiration from 20 Women Real Estate Investors today!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Ashley made the jump from flipping and rental houses to large multifamily investing
- Her #1 tip for anyone who wants to get into multifamily
- How she acquired a 150-unit apartment building in Houston
- What a "Letter of Intent" (LOI) is
- Looking at 200 deals just to buy one (!)
- Using "the stack" method vs. multifamily syndication
- How she became an expert in construction management
- Why she wrote a book about being "the only woman in the room"
- Why it's worth visualizing your perfect day when you start building your business
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Podcast
- Building a Six-Figure Family Real Estate Business with Ashley Wilson
- Roadmap for Scaling to Large Multifamily
- BiggerPockets Blog
- Open Door Capital
- J Scott of BiggerPockets Business Podcast
- Mid Atlantic Summit by Dave Van Horn
- The Real Estate Investher
- InvestorGirl Brit Instagram
- BiggerPockets Podcast 320: Hands-On BRRRR Investing and DIY Secrets with Instagram Star Brittany Arnason
Check the full show notes here: http://biggerpockets.com/show412