Manage episode 276400844 series 83575
The harder the problem, the bigger the reward... and real estate developers who can solve affordable housing problems can do very, very well.
Enter today's guest, Evan Holladay, who reached 1,300 units before the age of 30 through a combination of focus, relationship-building, and a deep understanding of the rules of the game.
In this high-level episode, you'll learn how Evan and his team apply creative financing techniques to multimillion dollar projects; how they takes advantage of tax credits and grants and put together public-private partnerships; and why patience and persistence can lead to huge profits in the development game.
Whether you plan on getting into bigger deals in the future or not (Evan wants 100,000 units!), this episode will inspire you to start thinking like a big-time investor, strategist, and leader.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Listening to "what fires you up" when getting started
- Evan's apprenticeship for a student housing developer
- What a public-private partnership is
- Using tax credits to make a profit building affordable housing
- How he creatively finances big multifamily deals
- How he manages risk
- Why “it’s more valuable to control real estate than to own real estate”
- Why development is such a big opportunity in markets where "it's too expensive to invest where I live!"
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Shirt
- How to Invest In Real Estate With Only $1,000!?
- BiggerPockets Podcast 353: Turning $5K Into $5K/Month and Retiring at 40 with Tim Rhode
Check the full show notes here: http://biggerpockets.com/show414