Manage episode 277274829 series 83575
Many investors look at commercial real estate as a high-risk, confusing, and sometimes scary way to invest. Our guest today shows us why this isn’t the case. In fact, he did a multi-million dollar deal in his first year in real estate!
Minnesota-based health care professional Matt Onofrio helps us break down the stigma behind big commercial deals. From financing, taxes, mentorships, and more, Matt shows how someone from a completely different field can thrive in real estate... even with no prior knowledge of the space.
You may want to bring a notepad and pen, as Matt walks us through advanced strategies such as reverse 1031 exchanges, seller carrying, cost segregations, and triple net leases. Whether you’re looking into commercial or residential real estate, this is a can’t-miss episode.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Locking up your first deal with $0
- How commercial real estate can not only be profitable, but safer than residential
- The importance of your inner investor/mentor circle
- Whether residential or commercial real estate works for your mindset
- Offensive vs. Defensive real estate strategies
- Creating income producing debt
- Building your “vivid vision”
- How coaching can take you from good to great
- What spirit animal David, Brandon, and Matt are
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Podcast 403: Developing a Millionaire’s Mindset and Overcoming Limiting Beliefs with Performance Coach Jason Drees
- BiggerPockets Podcast 209: Flipping 83 Homes in the Last 18 Months with Kevin Carroll
- BiggerPockets Podcast 352: No Driver’s License, No Money, No Excuses: How Diego Corzo Blazed a Trail to 18 Doors
- BiggerPockets Podcast 157: A Simple Morning Ritual to Help You Dominate Every Area of Your Life with Hal Elrod
Check the full show notes here: http://biggerpockets.com/show416