Manage episode 272722150 series 2391577
Joost Jansen was a former Navy SEAL. After leaving special operations, he started working in Hollywood as a trainer, military adviser, stunt performer, and actor.
In this episode, Nicholas gives a sneak peek into a training Joost did. Take a listen and see why you should join the BDB Club to get access to exclusive trainings.
Timestamped Show Notes:
[3:23] Thriving Through Hardship
[7:02] Yamen Story Part 1
[14:10] Going Through Navy Seal Hell Week
[20:32] Seal Training That Translate To The Rest Of Your Life
[25:07] Your “Why” Is Irrelevant
[27:30] Experience In Seal Training
- View mistakes and failure as learning experiences. If you learn from it, you should take it as a very positive thing.
- Make a decision before you show up, when you’re in your right state of mind
- Don’t lie to yourself, it creates a negative pattern.
- Identify what is in your control and what is not.
- Get out of the small ponds, the competition is fierce in small ponds. When you reach high, the competition fades. If there is competition, it is more of a cooperation.
- Forgive yourself, we all make mistakes and move on
- The biggest fear people have is the fear of the unknown so you have to face it and go after it.
- The minute you verbalize something, you give it power whether it is positive or negative.