Manage episode 268263242 series 1300678
This episode features:
- Program manager Paul Krabacher (BLM).
- Acting Chief, Adjudication Services Section, Native Allotment Lead Candy Grimes (BLM).
- Land Transfer Resolution Specialist and Acting Native Liasion Ralph Eluska (BLM).
- Deputy Communications Director and Marine Corps Veteran Eric Tausch (BLM).
- Tribal Government Relations Specialist for the Continental/Midwest/North Atlantic Regions and Marine Corps Veteran Peter Vicaire (VA).
How to Ensure You Receive your ApplicationPotentially eligible Veterans should update their contact information with the Bureau of Indian Affairs' (BIA) Realty Tribal Service Provider and with BLM.
- BIA Enrollment Verification: (907) 271-4506
- BIA Realty: (800) 645-8465
- BLM Native Allotment Section: (907) 271-5998
How to Ensure the Program Works for YouPotentially eligible Veterans can coordinate a personal representative appointed by an Alaska State Court, or contact the Alaska Legal Services Corporation, for help coordinating a personal representative.Potentially eligible Veterans should also read the draft proposed rules for the program. There is a 30-day window for public commenting that ends on August 10, 2020.
Use the interactive map of available lands for the program from the BLM website. You can claim and save a plot selection as a .pdf and turn it in with your claim. The map will be updated regularly as more lands become available and allotments are made. (This is an image of the interactive map; please click the link to go to the BLM website to use the interactive map.)
Help Spread the WordVA, BLM and BIA need every Veteran’s help to spread the word about the program. In order to reach the estimated 2,200 eligible Veterans or their heirs, the program needs its contact information to be as up-to-date as possible. Veterans and non-Veterans can use this PDF flyer to spread the news and ensure that every Alaska Native Veteran who has earned their land will receive it.
BtBattle Veteran of the Week:
- Army Air Corps Veteran Richard Frank
- BLM Website for Alaska Native Veterans Program of 2019
- Interactive Map
- Borne the Battle Ep. 172: Robert Primeaux, Lakota Warrior
- VA expands funding for emergency response for Veterans experiencing or at risk of homelessness during COVID-19 pandemic
- VA health care first to have Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services codes for chaplain care
- Study shows VA surgical care better than or equal to non-VA hospitals