Manage episode 306714284 series 2867605
After spending over a year working from home, returning to the office and readjusting to your company dress code can be challenging. Today, Doreen Pierre, a Brooklyn based fashion writer, visual content creator, and events producer chats about how restrictive dress codes inhibit us from bringing our true Selves to work. Doreen’s work centers people of color and queer communities and has been featured in The Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, Virgin Media, DapperQ and more.
Find links and show notes at https://breakconcrete.com/bc047.
- Exploring the connection between fashion and identity
- How Doreen embraces the many aspects of her identity through fashion
- Fashion as protection
- The importance of authenticity in the workplace
- How dress codes reinforce problematic standards of professionalism
- How company dress codes may exclude workers
- Supporting employee authenticity
Follow us on
E-mail feedback to email@example.com.
If you like this episode, please leave a review and rating.