Manage episode 275615467 series 2657140
Today we’re going to try something a little different in that I’m going to split today’s episode into two sections, covering two different subjects:
First, we’re going to cover some questions that I’ve received from listeners of the show and from students of my investing course, so that you can benefit from the strategies and tactics too. These are specifically going to be in the area of investing.
Next, we’re going to bring on my guest who is our resident mortgage and real estate expert and best-selling author, Sean Cooper. Sean will explain the real estate situation here in Canada so that you can stay informed on how real estate has been affected in these COVID times, whether you’re an existing home-owner that is concerned about the value of their home dropping due to COVID, or whether you are a renter looking to potentially buy in the future.
We cover questions like What should you know? And how can you maximize your chances of getting approved for a mortgage?
And whether you’re an existing or future home-owner, there have actually been some mortgage rule changes that recently took place here in Canada so you definitely want to be informed about those so that you can easily renew that mortgage when it’s time. Or, if you’re looking to buy, so that you can have a smooth stress-free process in obtaining financing for your property, instead of struggling and potentially missing out on your dream home due to financing issues, due to these new mortgage rules that recently got put into place.
A Big Thanks To This Episode's Sponsor:
Business is anything but usual these days, and entrepreneurs are looking for support that goes beyond traditional banking to successfully re-open and manage their business. Now, they can access all of RBC’s practical tips, insights, money-saving offers and solutions to support their eCommerce, digital payments, payroll management, employee wellness needs and more – all in one place.
To learn more, check out the RBC Small Business Navigator hub, available online at BuildWealthCanada.ca/hub.
- Get your mortgage questions answered for free by booking a meeting with Sean here.
- Get the real estate expense tool for free when it's released by signing up to the waiting list here.
- Buying near all-time stock market highs. Should you do it?
- Investing larger amounts of money: Buying-in all at once vs dollar-cost-averaging in.
- How much to focus on dividends in your investing.
- Socially responsible investing, and what to keep in mind before diving in.
Real Estate and Mortgage Questions:
- Let’s talk about COVID and the real estate market. Are we seeing increases in home values?
- How are things if you're looking to buy vs sell?
- Is it a buyer's or seller's market?
- There have been some Mortgage Rule Changes recently here in Canada. Can you take us through them?
- What can we do that is within our control, to maximize the chances of getting approved for a mortgage, and getting the best terms and rate?
- With these record low interest rates that we’ve been seeing, many Canadians that are currently in a fixed-rate mortgage are wondering, is it worth breaking their existing mortgage, paying the cancelling fees, and then getting a new mortgage at the lower rate. Can you talk about the analysis that we should be doing to actually mathematically figure this out?
- What should we consider if we’re shopping around for a home right now, in Canada?
Don’t miss future episodes, giveaways, and free in-depth guides by signing up for free to the Build Wealth Canada Newsletter.