Manage episode 278678165 series 1523818
How do you scale your podcast to make it profitable? Today we’re going to really hone in and focus on the topic of building your podcasts and what goes into making it great. Welcome to our Build Your Network breakdown. With so many podcasts out there today, we need to talk about the wins that can set you apart, the missteps that can pull you out of the race entirely, and the opportunity to learn directly from us at podcastprofitcourse.com.
So let’s get started with the conversation and ultimately learn what it means to be a blue ocean podcaster and how anyone can jump at the opportunity to be one.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 03:00] Opening Segment
- Welcome to BYN Breakdown
- Focussing in on the topic
- Travis’ biggest pet peeve
- Blowing money on equipment
[03:01 - 06:20] Podcasting Pet Peeves
- I talk about not niching down
- You are not another podcaster; you’re you
- Know your audience
- Examples of success
- You won’t gain an audience just talking to yourself
- The crowded business space
- Top 5 crowded topic
- Use your clout to transition to a niche
[06:21 - 11:03] Find Your Blue Ocean
- What is the Blue Ocean Strategy?
- Shark metaphor
- No more meat on the bone
- Finding your blue ocean
- What are you good at
- My example
- You don’t need to be the expert
- Blue Ocean over niche
- Sometimes you want to niche up, not down
- Don’t worry about the people who don’t resonate
- Attractive to sponsors
- Who is your ‘one person?’
- Specific over generic
[11:04 - 12:14] Closing Segment
- Our free training
- What kind of podcaster are you
- How do you present the message
- Check out the course to learn more
- Free web class you can register for
- Final words
“Why would I try to compete with those guys when I can just carve my own niche? And that’s kinda what we’re talking about in this episode; niching down and finding what your Blue Ocean is…” - Travis Chappell
Don’t miss out on this opportunity. Go to https://www.podcastprofitcourse.com/register and register for the online course that will teach you how to make your podcast profitable.
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE A REVIEW and tell us what you think about the episode so we can continue putting out great content just for you! Share this episode and help someone who wants to connect with world-class people.
Jump on over to travischapel.com/makemypodcast and let my team make you your very own show!
If you want to learn how to build YOUR network, check out my website a travischappell.com. You can connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Be sure to join The Lounge to become part of the community that’s setting up REAL relationships that add value and create investments.