Manage episode 302957350 series 8197
Watch/Listen here using the Embedded Subsplash Player
Central Baptist Church of Ponca City, OK
DATE: Wednesday, September 22, 2021
SERMON BY: Bro Lynn Schuyler
SERMON TITLE: What You Think, You Are!
SERMON THEME: Our Thought Life: Garbage In, Garbage Out
SERMON SERIES: Standing in the Gap
SERMON TEXT: Philippians 4:8
Examples of Stink’n Think’n
* Self-pity, e.g., John the Baptist, Elijah. On our worst day, there are some who would gladly change places with us.
* Blaming - playing the victim card.
* Unwillingness to change
* Anger and Bitterness - Choose not to live in past hurts
How to think virtuously
* Analyze your input - be selective in our entertainment and influence.
* Observe who is influencing you!
* Meditate on the Word of God!
Philippians 5:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
— — —
Watch/Listen here using our Subsplash WebShare Player
Listen here on Archive.org