Manage episode 301941417 series 1283731
In this episode, Gerhard talks to David and Marques from Equinix Metal about the importance of bare metal for steady workloads. Terraform, Kubernetes and Tinkerbell come up, as does Crossplane - this conversation is a partial follow-up to episode 15.
David Flanagan, a.k.a. Rawkode, needs no introduction. Some of you may remember Marques Johansson from The new changelog.com setup for 2019. Marques was behind the Linode Terraforming that we used at the time, and our infrastructure was simpler because of it!
This is not just a great conversation about bare metal and Kubernetes, there is also a Rawkode Live following up: Live Debugging Changelog’s Production Kubernetes 🙌🏻
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Render – The Zero DevOps cloud that empowers you to ship faster than your competitors. Render is built for modern applications and offers everything you need out-of-the-box. Learn more at render.com/changelog or email
firstname.lastname@example.org a personal introduction and to ask questions about the Render platform.
- Sentry – Working code means happy customers. That’s exactly why teams choose Sentry. From error tracking to performance monitoring, Sentry helps teams see what actually matters, resolve problems quicker, and learn continuously about their applications - from the frontend to the backend. Use the code
THECHANGELOGand get the team plan free for three months.
- Equinix Metal – If you want the choice and control of hardware…with low overhead…and the developer experience of the cloud – you need to check out Equinix Metal. Deploy in minutes across 18 global locations, from Silicon Valley to Sydney. Visit metal.equinix.com/justaddmetal and receive $100 credit to play.
- Grafana Cloud – Our dashboard of choice Grafana is the open and composable observability and data visualization platform. Visualize metrics, logs, and traces from multiple sources like Prometheus, Loki, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, Postgres and many more.
- David Flanagan – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Marques Johansson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Gerhard Lazu – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- David’s tweet that made this episode happen
- This is how Gerhard met Marques
- Oops, We Forgot to Build a Managed Kubernetes Service!
- Tinkerbell - Provision and manage bare metal, anywhere
- Equinix Metal Crossplane provider and Terraform provider
- Kubernetes Cluster API
- Fly.io: The 5-hour CDN
- 🎬 Firecracker VMs on Metal, Oh My! - Kurt Mackey, March 2021
- 🎬 Klustered #11 - Kris Nova & Thomas Strömberg