Manage episode 301899866 series 1283731
Building software is difficult and time consuming, but the maintenance of software is where we spend the majority of our time. In this episode, Ian and sam join Johnny and Kris to discuss how to build actually maintainable software, the features of Go that make it good for writing maintainable software, and different ways that we might define the term “maintenance”.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Teleport – Teleport Access Plane lets you access any computing resource anywhere. Engineers and security teams can unify access to SSH servers, Kubernetes clusters, web applications, and databases across all environments. Try Teleport today in the cloud, self-hosted, or open source at goteleport.com
- LaunchDarkly – Ship fast. Rest easy. Deploy code at any time, even if a feature isn’t ready to be released to your users. Wrap code in feature flags to get the safety to test new features and infrastructure in prod without impacting the wrong end users.
- Equinix Metal – If you want the choice and control of hardware…with low overhead…and the developer experience of the cloud – you need to check out Equinix Metal. Deploy in minutes across 18 global locations, from Silicon Valley to Sydney. Visit metal.equinix.com/justaddmetal and receive $100 credit to play.
- sam boyer – Twitter, GitHub
- Ian Lopshire – Twitter, GitHub
- Kris Brandow – Twitter, GitHub
- Johnny Boursiquot – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links