Manage episode 272132227 series 2601857
Matt has over $4 million in live and online tournament cashes in his career with no plans on slowing down anytime soon.
Just a few of his career highlights include:
- A gold medal victory in a $3,150 SCOOP even for $550k.
- A $264k victory in the $2,500 main event at the Coco Poker Open.
- And a $139k victory in a $1,500 event at the Wynn Fall Classic.
Matt was very easy to talk to and his pure passion for the game shines through bright and clear. It’s easy to see why he’s been able to sustain success such a high level of success for as long as he has.
Also, to give you a little more perspective as to how Matt operates, here’s a little behind-the-scenes tidbit: After we stopped recording Matt wanted to pick my brain on some different coaching techniques and methodologies and we ended up talking shop for maybe another 30 minutes after the recording stopped.
I only mention this because, in my humble opinion, this is the trait of a human being who pursues excellence in whatever venture they dive into. If you truly want to draw from a deeper well in the avenue in which you’re Chasing Greatness, finding folks who are already deeper into the forest than you and asking their opinion is one of the most impactful things you can do to expedite the learning process.
With that said, today you’re going to learn:
- A Greatness Bomb from Matt on efficiently using solvers to improve your MTT game.
- Wise words on how to structure your off-days so that you can maintain your energy levels.
- A hilarious story about the odd place in which Matt was sitting when he won his SCOOP for over $550k (Here’s a hint, there was no celebration).
- And much, MUCH more!
So without any further ado, I bring to you longtime MTT crusher Matt Affleck.