Manage episode 285708124 series 2882046
1) Determining 'defined competencies'
2) Top Down Rescue
- Rescue vs team based operations
- Fire service vs industrial brigade
3) Maintaining proficiency for rescue vs team based competencies
4) Bottom Up Rescue (Tower type rescues)
- Maintaining the concept of fall arrest and work positioning
- Training for hazards in your area
- Should rope access techniques be incorporated training?
- Inside the fence rig for rescue
- Ground based vs tower based
5) Rescues that require litter based or other types of patient packaging where you may or may not need an attendant.
- Training for the environment that you have.
6) Traditional systems like dedicated main, slack belay vs a TTRS system
- Hauling and maintaining rope speed
7) Use of rope winches
8) How do you maintain training on all of these techniques?
- Big picture vs small tasks
- Devices which can help simplify training
- Many of the activities discussed in this podcast pose a very substantial risk of serious injury or death.
- Products and techniques discussed in this podcast are intended for use by specially trained professionals.
- Technical rescue, rappelling, climbing and the training involved are very hazardous activities. Each situation has its own unique conditions and must be evaluated by those present. Effective risk management comes from experience, proper training and good personal judgment.
- CMC is not liable for any damages arising from abuse or improper use of the techniques or equipment discussed in this podcast.
- Topics discussed are the ideas and opinions of each individual.
- Department protocol and regulations should always take precedence.