Manage episode 293944411 series 2882046
1:46 What would you say makes a rescue 'backcountry' as opposed to something else?
6:02 Volunteer retention in SAR?
13:40 Easy in, easy out.
17:50 MRA competency.
22:32 Maintaining competency and standards.
27:00 How do you test competency? How do you design tests so that people aren't just training to pass the test.
30:55 Who supplies medical support for the wilderness teams?
44:16 Do you have two sets of gear?
Craig McClure: https://www.roninrescue.com/
- Many of the activities discussed in this podcast pose a very substantial risk of serious injury or death.
- Products and techniques discussed in this podcast are intended for use by specially trained professionals.
- Technical rescue, rappelling, climbing and the training involved are very hazardous activities. Each situation has its own unique conditions and must be evaluated by those present. Effective risk management comes from experience, proper training and good personal judgment.
- CMC is not liable for any damages arising from abuse or improper use of the techniques or equipment discussed in this podcast.
- Topics discussed are the ideas and opinions of each individual.
- Department protocol and regulations should always take precedence.