Manage episode 300187653 series 2882046
0:08 What is GRIMP?
1:43 How GRIMP North America came to be.
13:33 Training for provided CMC gear.
16:45 What was it like to be a participant at the first GRIMP North America?
19:30 How did GRIMP change the way you operate afterwards?
24:45 If given the opportunity, would you participate in the event again?
25:40 What's in the works for GRIMP North America 2022?
26:30 What is a GRIMP team composed of?
27:15 How were teams evaluated and scored?
30:35 Testing the do-ability of scenarios ahead of time.
32:27 How different standards around the world factor into the event.
34:45 Scope of new and/or different equipment and techniques within the event.
42:40 What's in the works for GRIMP North America 2022 scheduled for March 24-26
- Many of the activities discussed in this podcast pose a very substantial risk of serious injury or death.
- Products and techniques discussed in this podcast are intended for use by specially trained professionals.
- Technical rescue, rappelling, climbing and the training involved are very hazardous activities. Each situation has its own unique conditions and must be evaluated by those present. Effective risk management comes from experience, proper training and good personal judgment.
- CMC is not liable for any damages arising from abuse or improper use of the techniques or equipment discussed in this podcast.
- Topics discussed are the ideas and opinions of each individual.
- Department protocol and regulations should always take precedence.