Manage episode 286401326 series 2882046
- What is rope access?
- Who governs RA? SPRAT https://sprat.org/
- Does rope access belong in the fire service?
- Competence and particular skill sets vs full SPRAT certification.
- RAD ascent vs traditional ascent.
- Advantages of understanding what is happening in the world at large.
- Is it ok to teach someone to repel without teaching them to ascend?
- Do you cover work positioning and fall arrest in your departments?
- In what scenarios do rope access skills and techniques prove to be more effective?
Join the Conversation
Please email us with questions or comments about this topic at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Many of the activities discussed in this podcast pose a very substantial risk of serious injury or death.
- Products and techniques discussed in this podcast are intended for use by specially trained professionals.
- Technical rescue, rappelling, climbing and the training involved are very hazardous activities. Each situation has its own unique conditions and must be evaluated by those present. Effective risk management comes from experience, proper training and good personal judgment.
- CMC is not liable for any damages arising from abuse or improper use of the techniques or equipment discussed in this podcast.
- Topics discussed are the ideas and opinions of each individual.
- Department protocol and regulations should always take precedence.