Manage episode 290470588 series 2882046
1:18 There's no difference between NFPA and non-NFPA rated gear.
10:05 What are some of the portions of NFPA testing and inspecting?
17:25 Clarifying semantics of NFPA 'certified' vs 'classified' or 'compliant'.
25:24 What is the evolution of the testing process?
28:47 What gear is exempt from being NFPA compliant?
30:17 Evolution of the standards over time.
30:53 What impact should using NFPA gear have on the way we use the gear?
15:20 False Economy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_economy
Join the Conversation
Please email us with questions or comments about this topic at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Many of the activities discussed in this podcast pose a very substantial risk of serious injury or death.
- Products and techniques discussed in this podcast are intended for use by specially trained professionals.
- Technical rescue, rappelling, climbing and the training involved are very hazardous activities. Each situation has its own unique conditions and must be evaluated by those present. Effective risk management comes from experience, proper training and good personal judgment.
- CMC is not liable for any damages arising from abuse or improper use of the techniques or equipment discussed in this podcast.
- Topics discussed are the ideas and opinions of each individual.
- Department protocol and regulations should always take precedence.