Combat Story (Ep 18): Dale Comstock Delta Operator | Green Beret | Mercenary | Author | Entrepreneur
Manage episode 285471022 series 2854986
Dale Comstock is a former Delta Force Operator, Green Beret, Paramilitary Operative, entrepreneur, mercenary, and author who has also appeared on prime time television. Dale has fought in almost all major US combat operations since Grenada through to Afghanistan, to include being one of the youngest members of 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment - Delta.
Dale has been involved in some of America’s highest visibility operations like the hostage rescue of Ambassador Kurt Muse (in Operation Acid Gambit) and dozens of missions in multiple combat theaters that will likely remain in the shadows for years to come.
He’s written three books, including American Badass (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DP619WE/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1), and is writing a fourth on his more recent experiences. He’s created several successful businesses, including Tier1 Performance Coaching (check out this awesome performance coaching trailer https://youtu.be/3CKoGy8jTco) and Strategic Outcomes.
Dale is a force of nature who truly lives by the performance coaching mantras he preaches. I hope you enjoy his energy and stories as much as I did. Enjoy.
- 0:00 - Sound bite
- 0:50 - Combat Story Intro
- 1:10 - Dale Comstock bio.
- 1:57 - Show begins with Dale Comstock.
- 6:51 - Staying engaged to stay out of trouble.
- 8:10 - The two personality types in The Unit or Delta Force.
- 11:40 - Dale’s military family and background.
- 14:23 - Breaking his father’s heart when he enlisted. His father, though, later evolved a mentor.
- 17:21 - What’s your purpose? Dale’s two performance coaching questions.
- 19:15 - Six mentors in Dale’s life.
- 35:00 - Dale’s first experience in combat in Grenada with the 2/325th Infantry in the 82nd.
- 38:01 - Two combat missions that Dale remembers most.
- 39:21 - Dale’s journey to becoming one of the youngest members ever in The Unit.
- 42:31 - Dale’s role with The Unit in the raid on Modelo Prison to rescue Ambassador Kurt Muse in Operation Acid Gambit.
- 49:50 - The dangers of being too close to a flash bang.
- 55:11 - Leveraging “Autogenic Conditioning” to improve himself as a kid and then using that with Delta.
- 1:03:33 - A great story of motivation that changed Dale’s life during a shooting course.
- 1:15:16 - How to use autogenic training in an office.
- 1:23:59 - How to know who will succeed at Delta.
- 1:27:57 - How Delta selection brought even Dale to tears.
- 1:32:00 - Dale’s two worst moments in combat in Iraq and Yemen.
- 1:42:22 - Being a mercenary in Yemen.
- 1:52:45 - The two items that Dale carried into combat for good luck (both are great).
- 1:53:50 - Reference to a “beta-male.”
- 1:58:45 - Would you do it all again?
- 2:01:20 - Dale’s upcoming work, to include another book, and work in Tier1 Performance Coaching.