Manage episode 300984492 series 2857376
On the excerpt from this weeks podcast, John and Shane have an interview with Bishop Brendan Leahy from Limerick.
Bishop Brendan talks to Shane about various issues and things including:
- Ireland's current covid-19 situation and Pope Francis reminder to Christians that taking a vaccine is an Act of Love.
- a brief discussion about the the forth coming Irish National Synodal Pathway and how we have to be open to dialogue while accepting that from a faith perspective there are also some things which aren't going to change but being open to dialogue to explore ways of sharing them. C&SI will have a full programme on the National Synodal Pathway in late September/early October when it is fully launched.
- The Synod of Bishops to be held on Rome in 2023 on the topic of synodality but which will have a local and national component beginning in Autumn 2021.
- Brief discussion on the motu proprio "Traditionis Custodes - On the Use of the Roman Liturgy Prior to the Reform of 1970" issued by Pope Francis on 16th July 2021, For Limerick diocese the impact is minimal as the main location for Mass and other liturgies celebrated with the Missal of Pope John XXIIII are celebrated by the Institute of Christ the King at the Sacred Heart Church on Limerick Crescent. Bishop Leahy also had a few thoughts on the encouragement of Pope Francis to bishops (in the accompany letter to the motu proprio) to "be vigilant in ensuring that every liturgy be celebrated with decorum and fidelity to the liturgical books promulgated after Vatican Council II, without the eccentricities that can easily degenerate into abuses".
- Linking into our programme last week Bishop Brendan also reminds people about the Season of Creation which starts on 1 September until 4th October. Resources available HERE.