Manage episode 261831836 series 1918426
Today's show is brought to you by Wacom — makers of the incredible Wacom One! Recently Webtoons spoiled a reveal in "Lore Olympus" that the creator, Rachel Smythe, had been building towards for years. Dave and Brad return to the topic they broached at the beginning of the year— "Should you build your audience on Webtoons?"
Questions asked and topics covered...
- The problems with building an audience on Webtoons
- Midtown Comics and DC Comics step up to fill the void left by Diamond Comics Distributors, estanlishing two new distributors — UCS Comics Distributors and Lunar Distribution, respectively.
- Comics featuring dentists, lawyers and doctors are shoo-ins for original-art sales
- Is a three-panel comic inherently better than a four-panel comic?
- Four-panel storyline strips face an uphill battle in audience-building in today's social-media-dominated publishing landscape
- Coverting social-media comments into Patreon backers
You get great rewards when you support ComicLab on Patreon
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $10 — Record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the exclusive ProTips podcast
Listen to ComicLab on...
ComicLab is hosted on Simplecast, helping podcasters since 2013. with industry-leading publishing, distribution, and sharing tools.