Manage episode 284228700 series 2851763
Welcome to Coming Clean Podcast! I’d like to take a moment to ask you to go to my website, comingcleanpodcast.com, and register. Submit your information to receive the first chapter of my upcoming book, set to be released in the next couple of months. But today is not about me.
Today is about our guest, Shaquita Smith. Shaquita is an actress, a producer, and a motivational speaker. She’s from Birmingham, Alabama and now lives in Atlanta. A graduate of Troy State University and American Intercontinental University. She is also a very active spokesperson for mental health— which as you may know, is dear to my heart— and she has been a feature on the Imperfectly Perfect Campaign.
You will want to hear this episode if you are interested in...
- What was it that drew Shaquita to pursue an acting career? [1:47]
- Some of the roles Shaquita plays and how have they have impacted her [5:27]
- What are her roles doing for the African-American community? [7:26]
- Why mental health is so important to Shaquita [11:58]
- The effect sharing your story can have on those who hear it [14:39]
- How has adversity as a child and woman helped Shaquita as an actress [18:01]
- Upcoming projects Shaquita is working on [22:44]
- How is the industry-changing as a result of COVID-19 [26:06]
- How can people participate in making a real change? [31:58]
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Shaquita Smith
Connect With Peter O. Estevez
- Follow on Facebook
- Follow Coming Clean on Instagram
- Follow Peter on Instagram
Audio Production and Show notes by
PODCAST FAST TRACK