Manage episode 304375363 series 2763687
An audio essay loosely based on conversations Matthew has while parenting. Content is possibly appropriate for ages 7 to 11 — although who really knows. The main point is to deflate the media persona and cut back on the cynicism and hot-takery to discuss these things in a way that leaves the door open for growth and hope. Rules: use simple sentences, many examples, frame bad news within good news, and never call anyone stupid. Don’t give a kid a story that has no way out. Don’t people their world with hopeless cases.Questions include:
- What is a conspiracy?
- What’s the difference between a good and bad conspiracy?
- So what are conspiracy theories?
- Are all conspiracy theories bad?
- How can people can believe COVID isn’t real when they can see how many people are getting sick and dying?
- Why do conspiracy theorists make things worse than they actually are?
- Why would the government cover up aliens?
- What is spirituality?
- What do conspiracy theories have to do with spirituality?
- So if you grew up believing in Jesus, did you used to believe in conspirituality?