Manage episode 285265172 series 2878880
Tania Katan shares her wit and wisdom about how to use creativity to challenge with playfulness our rigid organizational cultures. She works with large and small companies, helping them find new alignment around their daily contradictions through “small c” creative work, facing everyday practical problems with imagination. She shares the tales of #itwasneveradress (re-seeing the ladies’ room logo into a cape) and challenging the community to arm wrestle for art at the Scottsdale Museum of Art. She speaks and challenges how we connect virtually in her keynotes and works with organizational leaders through her “Creative Trespassing” classes and new membership organization.
Guest: Tania Katan, CEO, Creative Trespassing
Tania is a transformational speaker, innovation coach, and co-creator of globally viral women’s empowerment campaign #ItWasNeverADress. Her unique way of formulating ideas led to the groundbreaking bestselling book, “Creative Trespassing: How to Put the Spark and Joy Back into Your Work and Life” (Penguin Random House, February 2019).
For over a decade, Tania has been successfully sneaking creativity into Fortune 500 companies, leading tech companies, arts organizations, marketing conventions and innovation summits to teach people and companies the skill of generating creative breakthroughs. Some of the organizations and major conferences impacted by her work include: CiscoLive!, Expedia, Amazon, Google, Humana, Etsy, TED, World Domination Summit, Uber, and Comedy Central Stage.
Katan’s status-quo-busting work has also appeared in The New York Times, USA Today, HuffPost, Time, BuzzFeed, CNN, Adweek, Mashable, Forbes, ReadWrite and Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls, among others.
If you long to leap from fear to freedom and just need a map… Here You Are: https://taniakatan.com/courses/
- URL: Creative Trespassing: How to Put the Spark and Joy Back into Your Work and Life - https://taniakatan.com/courses/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/taniakatan/
- Twitter: @taniakatan
- Instagram: @TheUnrealTaniaKatan
- Inspirational Newsletter (get a FREE chapter of Creative Trespassing when you sign up): https://tania-katan.mykajabi.com/opt-in-833df3d3-9390-46dd-a091-36f10efacca0
- Website: taniakatan.com
- “Creative Trespassing” Book: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/566682/creative-trespassing-by-tania-katan/9780525573401/
- Sonya Renee Taylor - https://www.sonyareneetaylor.com
- Patricia Stokes, “Creativity from Constraints in the Performing Arts” - https://www.amazon.com/Creativity-Constraints-Performing-Patricia-Stokes/dp/0692611991/
- Axosoft - https://www.axosoft.com
- #Itwasneveradress - https://itwasneveradress.org
- Byron Katie - https://thework.com
- Pema Chödrön - https://pemachodronfoundation.org
- Thich Nhat Hanh, Vietnamese Buddhist monk - http://www.seaox.com/thich.html
- Arm wrestling for art at the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art - https://frontdoorsmedia.com/arm-wrestling-for-art
- Mary Oliver,
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/creativeinnovators)