Manage episode 284075139 series 2390472
Watch the full convo and Q&A on YouTube: https://youtu.be/gSVQHw-da5s
Jack Butcher is the founder of Visualize Value, a company that builds content, community & courses for building independent income on the internet.
His Twitter + Instagram accounts have grown to 400k+ followers in 2yrs & his business earned $1mil+ in 2020.
This was Jack's second appearance on Creator Lab. This time, Jack & Bilal co-hosted a live recording with a virtual audience.
To join the next one, sign up at: https://www.creatorlab.fm/live
After listening to this conversation, you'll understand:
- the evolution of the creator economy from 1000 true fans to 100 true fans
- importance of "1 true fan"
- content/product machine + "the factory is the product"
- why an audience is like a stem cell
- unique examples of creator monetization
- the importance of packaging, owning phrases & outcome-based marketing
- Jack's 2020 revenue breakdown
Part 2, the live Q&A is in the next episode (look in your podcast feed)
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:04:26 What is the Creator Economy?
- 00:07:49 Succeeding With A Smaller Audience
- 00:08:39 1000 vs 100 True Fans
- 00:10:03 Jack's 2020 Revenue Screenshare
- 00:11:38 1 True Fan + Hedging
- 00:14:51 The Permissionless Apprentice
- 00:22:25 Audience ≠ Distribution
- 00:27:49 Concentration vs Diversification Of Focus
- 00:34:34 Downsides of Building a Public
- 00:36:41 "The Factory is the Product"
- 00:40:41 Employee = 1 Customer
- 00:44:00 Packaging + Owning Phrases
- 00:47:52 Outcome-Based Marketing
- 00:49:47 Unique Examples of Creator Monetization
- 00:50:45 Audience is like a Stem Cell - Shaan Puri Example
- 00:51:54 Investing As A "Knowledge Influencer"
- 00:55:35 Reps, Consistency + A-Side Tracks
- 01:01:18 The Value of Services vs Ads
- 01:06:37 Social Impact + Charity
- 01:10:22 Strategic Partnerships + Distribution
- 01:13:55 Choosing Partners Is Like A Marriage
- 01:16:51 SMS + New Channel Experiments