Manage episode 287682959 series 2819014
For pictures of this episode, click here.
The Torpedo Factory Art Center is just what its title implies, an old WWI torpedo factory turned into an art center, one with the largest collection of artists under one roof in the country. Today we meet with Alyssa Ross to talk all about this building’s amazing history and transformation from a war equipment producer to a place of creativity and art.
Within the Torpedo Factory Art Center, nestled between artists and creators, is the Alexandria Archeology Museum. Here, we speak with Emma Richardson about the museum’s important role in preserving Alexandria’s history.
Torpedo Factory Art Center
- Torpedo Factory Art Center webpage: http://torpedofactory.org/
- The Art League online course catalog: https://www.theartleague.org/classes/search/
Alexandria Museum of Archeology
- Alexandria Archeology Museum Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ArchaeologyAlexandriaVA/
- Story of ship removal: https://www.alexandriava.gov/historic/archaeology/default.aspx?id=89681
- Video where Archaeologist Dr. Eleanor Breen explores the history of the program and introduces the protection code that has allowed us to learn so much about our City’s history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qCV0zJ8Z8I