Manage episode 329112029 series 2151271
Today, you’ll learn about the benefits of shading rooftop gardens with solar panels, caffeine’s dark secrets, and how the first image from the James Webb telescope promises a great run for Hubble’s successor.
The sun really can feed you.
- “Your Rooftop Garden Could Be a Solar-Powered Working Farm” by Matt Simon
- “Exploring The Potential of Rooftop Agrivoltaics” by Jennifer Bousselot and Thomas Hickey, Jr.
- “Volunteer State (Finally) Discovers Solar Power — With A Regenerative Twist” by Tina Casey
Caffeine: the ultimate chicken or the egg dilemma.
“The invisible addiction: is it time to give up caffeine?” by Michael Pollan
“Caffeine: How much is too much?” by Mayo Clinic Staff
“Caffeine - Uses, Side Effects, And More” from WebMD
“How and When Did Humans Start Consuming Alcohol?” by Sedeer el-Showk
“Coffee and caffeine consumption and depression: A meta-analysis of observational studies” by Longfei Wang, Xiaoli Shen, Yili Wu, and Dongfeng Zhang
A picture might be worth more than a thousand words.
- “1st image snapped by iconic Webb telescope pushes limits of the 'laws of physics'” by Tom Metcalfe
- ““Better than our most optimistic prediction” – first images from James Webb exceed all expectations” by Jamie Priest
- “About Webb Orbit” By NASA
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
Find episode transcripts here: https://curiosity-daily-4e53644e.simplecast.com/episodes/solar-salads-cursed-caffeine-webbs-first-photo