Manage episode 238168282 series 2523347
On this episode Dave talks about the importance of Oxygen. We know the body and the body's cells need sugar, water and oxygen to survive and as emergency medicine practitioners we have oxygen available to us as a potential treatment for our patients.
We need to be aware and careful of the amount of oxygen we give our patients.
Did you know that oxygen is poison to your body if it is not being used for cellular respiration?
Also in this episode:
- How we breathe in oxygen and measure it
- When the oxygen saturation in the blood is over 100%
- Oxygen free radicals
- How and why oxygen free radicals hunt their prey
- Oxygen can exacerbate the size of infarction
- Optimal oxygen saturation percentage
Subscribe to the video version of this podcast to have access to the visuals that accompany the audio as well as additional tools and resources to help improve your understanding.
Subscribe now at CurrentECG.com
And Stay Current!