Manage episode 283967124 series 2523347
In this episode, Dave highlights one some consider to be the ultimate imposter- Hyperkalemia. Hyperkalemia is a life threatening electrolyte abnormality that can be easily missed in the emergency setting, and it is vitally important that we can recognize this by interpreting our patients ECG.
Also In This Episode
- ECG example - Diagnosis
- Depolarization - what's happening at the cellular level. You don't want to miss it.
- What is Hyperkalemia?
- ECG example
- Hyperkalemia is a primary cellular problem which is why is produces global changes on the ECG.
- Is that Asystole? Nope it's sinus rhythm in Hyperkalemia "mic drop"!
- Calcium backdoor solution to temporary stabilization of the cardiomyocytes. Buying your patient time to definitive care.
- Potassium levels produce characteristic ECG changes but it's not sharp and point T waves...
Subscribe to the video version of this podcast to have access to the visuals that accompany the audio as well as additional tools and resources to help improve your understanding.
Subscribe now at CurrentECG.com
And Stay Current!