Manage episode 289343925 series 2523347
In this episode, Dave shares the importance of practicing quality CPR with the goal of being the 'ultimate compressor'.
Also In This Episode:
- Patient case which deteriorates to cardiac arrest-
- AHA/ILCOR ECC guidelines to begin immediate chest compressions and application of the cardiac monitor with an attempt at defibrillation.
- Work as a team on the choreography of resuscitation. Ensuring no one provider has a cognitive overload and is able to focus on a specific assigned task.
- Ensure the provider who is performing the skill of chest compressions is able to focus on the appropriate rate, minimizing pauses, and allowing for complete chest recoil.
- CPP - Coronary Perfusion Pressure is the key to providing the cardiomyocytes with the sugar, water, oxygen they need to survive by perfusing the coronary ostia and building CPP.
- Post ROSC care should include maintaining a systolic blood pressure of at least 90mmhg, 02 sats between 94-99%, patient normothermia, 12 lead ECG interpretation and finally working with other health care providers on a coordinated transfer of care.
Subscribe to the video version of this podcast to have access to the visuals that accompany the audio as well as additional tools and resources to help improve your understanding.
Subscribe now at CurrentECG.com
And Stay Current!