Manage episode 291665452 series 2523347
In this episode, Dave is joined by Tarlan Hedayati, MD, FACEP, to discuss how to differentiate between Pseudo PEA and True PEA.
Dr. Hedayati is a practicing Emergency Physician in Cook County, Chicago. She is also the Associate Professor and Chair of Education for the Emergency Medicine Department.
Also In This Episode
- Patient Case: 57 YO Male
- POC Ultrasound
- Pulse checks, are fingers are dumb
- POCUS for Pulse
- FEEL for cardiac activity (Focused Echocardiographic Evaluation in Life support)
- The downside of POCUS
- POCUS in the emergency department
- CASA (Cardiac Arrest Sonographic Assessment)
- RV strain
- PEA Evaluation
- Pressor Infusions vs. Standard ACLS
- PEA Bottom line: POCUS & minimize pauses
Connect with Tarlan Hedayati:
Twitter: @HedayatiMD https://twitter.com/HedayatiMD
Subscribe to the video version of this podcast to have access to the visuals that accompany the audio as well as additional tools and resources to help improve your understanding.
Subscribe now at CurrentECG.com
And Stay Current!