Manage episode 283545007 series 2440285
USDA put a freeze on Coronavirus Food Aid Program (CFAP) payments as the new administration reviews all rules put in place by a lame duck Trump Administration. Could that review bring changes to the CFAP payments? Senate Agriculture Committee Chairwoman Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.) said this week she is going to push to make sure priorities she included in the coronavirus aid packages are funded the way she intended. On this week's DC Signal to Noise Podcast, Pro Farmer's Jim Wiesemeyer and John Herath of Farm Journal analyze how that could impact future CFAP payments.
Also in this episode:
- Stabenow lays out her priorities for the Ag Committee
- The future of climate regulation
- China buys big - what signal are they sending?
- Big oil reaches out to biofuels for help pushing Biden EV agenda
- Are changes coming to capital gains taxes?
- Will the Waters of the U.S. rule return?
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.