Manage episode 284846882 series 2440285
Ag groups are gearing up for a new fight over the so-called 'Death Tax." Tax proposals put forth by President Joe Biden's transition team call for a dramatic reduction in the exemption on taxes on estates and could end a step up in basis for heirs. Farm CPA Paul Neiffer of CliftonLarsonAllen joins Jim Wiesemeyer and John Herath on this week's DC Signal to Noise Podcast to walk through the possible changes and what farm owners can do to protect their assets.
This week's podcast also features a conversation with Cong. Austin Scott (R-GA) on the growing partisan rift in the House Agriculture Committee that was exposed in a hearing this week on the Democrats covid aid proposal.
Other topics discussed this week:
- President Biden holds his first phone call with China's President Xi
- PPP application problems for some farmers
- CCC is becoming the Congressional piggy bank
- When will Tom Vilsack (USDA) and Michael Regan (EPA) be confirmed?
- When will CFAP 3 money be released?
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.