Manage episode 290363333 series 1131112
It seems that vegan and vegetarian options are more available than ever. Also, the preparation of these meatless dishes packs them with flavor and may be able to fool even your most carnivorous friend. A welcome road to travel on Deep South Dining, Malcolm and Carol talk about some of their favorite meatless dishes and learn about a vegan food truck that is providing animal product-free delights around the capital city.
Miso Maple Mustard Glazed Carrots Recipe
(courtesy of Timothy Pakron)
- 1 pound carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons good whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons mellow white miso
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free tamari
- Crushed red pepper, to taste (optional)
- Fresh black pepper, to taste (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Next, make the glaze by whisking together all of the ingredients, except the carrots, in a cast-iron skillet or baking dish. Add the carrots and toss them in the glaze until they are evenly coated. Roast for about 35 minutes, removing them halfway through to toss the mixture around to ensure the glaze is well incorporated into the carrots. Remove the dish from the oven once the desired texture is achieved.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.