Manage episode 330250998 series 2842431
Dr. Elana interviews Rick Allen, owner of Pure Elements, who is an expert on water filtration. This topic can often feel overwhelming and confusing yet it is so important that we knew an episode dedicated to answering common questions was necessary!
When Dr. Elana and Steph bought their homes, installing water filters was one of their FIRST priorities! They each had many questions, took hours upon hours to research the best quality, and now want to share this important info with you!
Expert Rick Allen helps guide us mamas so we aren’t misled with false claims from salesmen so you can cut to the chase and know exactly what you are purchasing. The goal is safe and clean water and that is what you deserve! This episode helps you learn the dos and don’ts of purchasing your next water filter.
We love making these complex topics easy to digest and workable for us everyday moms.
*If you are new to this topic, please start by listening to Episode 230: How to Choose Clean Water for Your Family with Dr. Viviane Chen @plateful.health where we reviewed why unfiltered water is toxic to our family. Then come back to this episode to learn the steps you want to take in purchasing the best filter for your area!
- What to AVOID when searching for a good quality filter - common misconceptions and myths salesmen often like to claim
- Why Whole-house filters maybe even more important than drinking filters
- What are some affordable options if renting or not ready to invest in a whole house filter system (hint shower filters and bath balls plus tips on how to use them effectively!)
- How home testing kits can offer false scary readings - avoid buying water test strips!
- Top tips on how to choose the best water filter with confidence!
- Pure Elements
- For direct customer service call Jon at (949) 613-0399 and let him know you listened to our podcast for VIP service and to answer your questions!
- Water testing and assessment resources mentioned in today’s episode:
- Click here to learn more about Dr. Elana Roumell’s Doctor Mom Membership, a membership designed for moms who want to be their child’s number one health advocate!
- Click here to learn more about Steph Greunke, RD’s online nutrition program and community, Postpartum Reset, an intimate private community and online roadmap for any mama (or mama-to-be) who feels stuck, alone, and depleted and wants to learn how to thrive in motherhood.
- Listen to today’s episode on our website
Healthy Water visionary Rick Allen, President/CEO of Pure Elements Water has a stellar reputation for helping clients avoid potentially harmful chemicals in water for consumption, bathing and other human needs. He has been a renowned leader in the water treatment industry for more than 35 years.
Persistent in working to reduce the reliance on plastic bottles and eliminates salt-based technologies (therefore helping the environment), Rick has become recognized as an expert in seeking levels of water quality that can provide increased longevity for our population and our planet.
Because of an epidemic level of pinhole leaks in copper piping in Southern California, Rick has involved leading engineers and designed systems that address at least two of the culprits, Chloramines and Calcium Carbonate “Pimples”. He has achieved great success – No home in which a Pure Elements Water Chloramine System has been installed in the last five years has reported a further pinhole leak.
In addition, Rick is accepted as one of the leading national authorities on removing fluoride on a whole house basis, a challenging endeavor. He is continually proving his success and making enhancements to his systems based on in-home test monitoring sites for real household results.
This Episode’s Sponsors
Enjoy the health benefits of PaleoValley’s products such as their supplements, superfood bars and meat sticks. Receive 15% off your purchase by using code DOCTORMOM at checkout or head to paleovalley.com/doctormom
Discover for yourself why Needed is trusted by women’s health practitioners and mamas alike to support optimal pregnancy outcomes. Try their 4 Part Complete Nutrition plan which includes a Prenatal Multi, Omega-3, Collagen Protein, and Pre/Probiotic. To get started, head to thisisneeded.com, and use code DOCTORMOM100 for $100 off your first 3 months of Needed’s Complete Plan!
Active Skin Repair is a must-have for everyone to keep themselves and their families healthy and clean. Keep a bottle in the car to spray your face after removing your mask, a bottle in your medicine cabinet to replace your toxic first aid products, and one in your outdoor pack for whatever life throws at you. Use code DOCTORMOM to receive 20% off your order + free shipping. Visit BLDGActive.com to order.
INTRODUCE YOURSELF to Steph and Dr. Elana on Instagram. They can’t wait to meet you!
Please remember that the views and ideas presented on this podcast are for informational purposes only. All information presented on this podcast is for informational purposes and not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a healthcare provider. Consult with your healthcare provider before starting any diet, supplement regimen, or to determine the appropriateness of the information shared on this podcast, or if you have any questions regarding your treatment plan.