Manage episode 283876710 series 1184423
On today’s episode, Dr. Elana interviews naturopathic doctor, Dr. Ari Calhoun on the topic of vaccines. You will learn what a Doctor Mom’s approach to vaccines means and how to ultimately feel empowered making these complex and difficult decisions for your children. Dr. Ari Calhoun is on a mission to stop the exponential rise in chronic pediatric disease and is thus passionate about educating parents on the importance of preconception care, thoughtful vaccination, environmental toxins, and optimal nourishment from the very start.
- How to be an informed and proactive parent regarding vaccines
- Resources to help you navigate this complex and controversial topic What type of risk factors could make a child susceptible to disease
- What type of risk factors could make a child susceptible to adverse reactions
- How to learn about vaccine laws in your state
- How to approach your doctor and share your request and plan
- How to find a doctor who supports your choices
- Save your spot on our FREE webinar, The Vaccine Empowerment Protocol: Discover the 3 Secrets to Making Confident Vaccine Choices For Your Child, With Facts Not Fear
- Consult with Dr. Ari
- @dr.aricalhoun IG
- Dr. Ari Calhoun’s Website
- Immunization laws for California schools at www.shotsforschool.org
- Pediatric naturopathic doctor directory at www.Pedanp.org
- Vaccine-Friendly Plan
- Listen to today’s episode on our website
Dr. Calhoun is a Naturopathic Doctor and founder of Kith and Kin Wellness, a Naturopathic Medical practice in San Diego California dedicated to providing comprehensive holistic care to mothers and their children. Within the field of pediatrics, Dr. Calhoun has a clinical focus on neurodevelopment and immune system disorders, including Autism, ADHD, oppositional defiant disorder, autoimmunity, eczema, and food allergies and intolerances. She takes a comprehensive multi-system approach to every one of her patients, which includes exploration of environmental toxicity, gut health, nutrient balance and dietary factors, underlying infections, and prenatal/early life environment. She is on a mission to stop the exponential rise in chronic pediatric disease, and is thus passionate about educating parents on the importance of preconception care, thoughtful vaccination, environmental toxins, and optimal nourishment from the very start. Beyond her role as a Naturopathic Doctor, she is a mother- which she considers to be the biggest inspiration for her work.
This Episode’s Sponsors
BUBS’ commitment to excellence begins long before the product lands on your doorstep with sustainably sourced products like Collagen and MCT Oil Powder that are free of gluten, soy, nuts and corn. Visit BUBSnaturals.com for 20% off your entire order on any BUBS naturals product, use code DOCTORMOM20.
Discover for yourself why Needed is trusted by women’s health practitioners and mamas alike to support optimal pregnancy outcomes. Try their 4 Part Complete Nutrition plan which includes a Prenatal Multi, Omega-3, Collagen Protein, and Pre/Probiotic. Use code DOCTORMOM to save 20% off your first order at thisisneeded.com.
INTRODUCE YOURSELF to Steph and Dr. Elana on Instagram. They can’t wait to meet you!
Please remember that the views and ideas presented on this podcast are for informational purposes only. All information presented on this podcast is for informational purposes and not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a healthcare provider. Consult with your healthcare provider before starting any diet, supplement regimen, or to determine the appropriateness of the information shared on this podcast, or if you have any questions regarding your treatment plan