Manage episode 302669555 series 66526
I’m excited to welcome back Sissy Goff and David Thomas to the show to talk about helping our kids foster friendships. As licensed counselors, working at DayStar Counseling Center in Nashville, they provide support, encouragement & compassion to children, adolescents & families in need through counseling.
We talk about the nuances of boys vs girls in friendships, what to do if your kid is the bully, helping kids when friendships change or friends move, and how to take cues from our kids when it comes to their friendships
“It is really more important to prioritize teaching kids to be friends than to be concerned with them, having friends. And when it comes to our worries and fears about friendships, we can't have more emotion than they do over whatever's going on for them relationally. Often that will make them either feel like we're not safe to talk to, or it'll just make them dam up these feelings.”Connect with David & Sissy:
- Website: raisingboysandgirls.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/raisingboysandgirls
- Instagram: @sissygoff & @raisingboysandgirls
- Podcast: raisingboysandgirls.com/listen
Previous Podcasts with David & Sissy:
- [Ep 119] The Art of Nurturing Boys :: David Thomas
- [Ep 141] Raising Girls :: Sissy Goff
- [Ep 160] Emotional Milestones :: Sissy Goff & David Thomas
- [Ep 311] Getting Brave About Anxiety :: Sissy Goff
- [Ep 315] Understanding Boys Better :: David Thomas
- Mathnasium: Whether you’re looking to get your kids back on track or want to ensure they’re staying ahead with their math studies, find a center near you at mathnasium.com and contact them for a free in center or online consultation.
- HelloFresh: Go to HelloFresh.com/dma14 for up to 14 free meals, including free shipping.