Manage episode 267670591 series 66526
(This episode originally aired in 2016) Francie Winslow shares the exponential impact marital intimacy has on the world around us.
Sex is a multiplying factor in our lives, not just with producing kids, but producing a massive amount of connection.
In the past two years Francie has been doing extensive research on theology of the body. Exploring how God stamped His image on us. How we express our roles as image bearers through sex in marriage.
God is an invisible God who wants to make himself visible to us. When man and woman come together as one it’s his invitation for humanity to become one with God. Intimately connected with Him.
Francie shares their own family stress and her personal struggle with anxiety. Things that can disrupt marital connection. She vulnerably shares how she and her husband have purposefully chosen sex over isolation.
God’s training us to fight for connection and for each other instead of against each other.
Love Francie’s practical tips for keeping technology in check. So often screens and devices creep in between couples, increasing the distance and decreasing the intimacy.
Don’t miss the list of great resources below to help train your children in forming a healthy perspective of the body and sex.
What we chat about:
- Francie’s journey to learn sex isn’t dirty or a duty but a delight.
- Her recent study of theology of the body.
- How anxiety and adoption stress led Francie and her husband to choose to have more sex (you read that right).
- How technology impacts our marital connection and practical solutions
- Help and healing for women who struggle with their view of sex.
- A reminder to daily do the things that keep you alive as a person.
- The Ripple Effect of sex in marriage.
- A word of encouragement for the single mom.
- Training our kiddos in a healthy sexual worldview (check out Francie’s resource list below).
Connect with Francie:
- Sign up for Francie's free newsletter (http://franciewinslow.com/) As a bonus you will receive a free digital download of a Prayer to Ignite the Ripple Effect in Your Home along with 7 Days of Marriage Declarations to Experience More of Heaven’s Possibilities for Your Marriage. "
- Heaven in Your Home Podcast
- Soul Freedom (encore)Episode
- The Power of Sex in Marriage Episode
- Andy Crouch
- Beth Moore’s Daniel Study**
Francie’s Resource List:
- Theology of the Body Books for Kids by Monica Ashour
Get these books (as many as you can!) and read them over and over and over. They are great for a range of ages – not just toddlers. Not only will it help form a great spiritual foundation for your kids as they enter a sexually intense world as kids (sadly it happens young these days), it will help you as a grown up re-learn how to think about bodies, sexuality and identity. It will also help give you simple, common language to use on an everyday basis in your home. They have all been such a big part of us growing in this new way of seeing the gift of sex as a family.
For older kids:
- The Talk: 7 Lessons to Introduce Your Child to Biblical Sexuality** by Luke Gilkerson (there are several others to go with this series too). Loving this one right now with my 8 year old.)
- Before I Was Born (God’s Design for Sex)** by Carolyn Nostrum
- Good Pictures, Bad Pictures : Porn-Proofing Today’s Young Kids ** by Kristen Jensen
Theology of His Body/Theology of Her Body** by Jason Evert (This was written with college kids in mind, but I found it super helpful and use it woven into conversations with my kids.)
For those who want more depth…Theology of the Body for Beginners** by Christopher West
**Amazon Affiliate Link
Prepdish: Get two weeks for free if you go to http://prepdish.com/dma