Manage episode 286161203 series 56525
Thank you for tuning in to Episode 203 of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast. For full show notes including photos visit my website: www.downcellarstudio.com/203
This week’s segments included:
- Off the Needles, Hook or Bobbins
- On the Needles, Hook or Bobbins
- From the Armchair
- Crafty Adventures
- KAL News
- Contest, News & Notes
- Life in Focus
- Ask Me Anything
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
Thank you for the recent rates & reviews in Apple Podcasts. I’d love to get the number of ratings up to 300! Want to help? Check out the article for step-by-step instructions.Off the Needles, Hook or Bobbins
Crochet Heart Garland
- Pattern: Heart Garland by Sarahndipities Designs: Ravelry Link & Blogpost Link
- Yarn: Big Twist Twinkle (Grey), Lion Brand Wool Ease Solids in Dark Rose Heather & Blush Heather
- Ravelry Project Page
Heidi the Horse
- Pattern: Heidi the Horse by Jess Huff (free crochet pattern). Direct link to pattern website.
- Hook: C (2.75 mm)
- Yarn: Loops & Threads Impeccable in the Soft Taupe Colorway (body). Mystery brown acrylic worsted weight yarn for hooves, tail, mane. Mystery cream acrylic for nose & ears.
- Ravelry Project Page
- Ravelry Project Page
- Pattern: Ursa by Jacqueline Cieslak ($8 knitting pattern)- pattern also available on PayHip
- Needle: US 11 (8.0 mm)
- Yarn: Kraemer Yarns Mauch Chunky in the Juju Fruit Colorway. Retails for $8.50 per ball. (Yarn provided free of charge for me to review)
- Finished sweater used 472 grams/ 519 meters, 567 yards.
- Tune in to hear my thoughts on how we see ourselves and decide what’s flattering or not. Remember a photo is just one angle of you. Everyone in real life sees you as a dynamic moving person, not just one static image. See examples of what I’d consider good/bad or flattering/unflattering photos below. Bottom line: I do love the sweater and have worn it several times already! Really enjoyed knitting with this Kraemer Yarn and can definitely see myself using it again for future projects.
Juju Fruit Headband
- Yarn: Kraemer Yarns Mauch Chunky in the Juju Fruit Colorway
- Needles: US 8 (5.0 mm)
- Pattern: new design. Release TBD.
Wound Up Fiber Arts 3 Ply Spin
- Fiber: Wound Up Fiber Arts Corriedale, 100 grams. Colorway 1: Prim (finished 1/12). Colorway 2: Fall Vibes finished 2/2. Colorway 3
- Ravelry Project Page
- No color management. Going to add other 2 braids. 3 ply.
- 15 min per day in Feb
- I have about 1/4 of the third braid, Honey Pie, left to go.
Fifties Stripes Socks
- Pattern: OMG Heel by Megan Williams
- Yarn: Patrons Kroy Stripes in the Fifities Stripes Colorway
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
- Garret asked for a dog that looks like their French Bulldog, Yadi, for his birthday. I purchased a pattern from BlackBird Pattern on Etsy. $8.49 Contains patterns for both a Frenchie and a Pug. Most realistic of all the patterns I could find on Ravelry and Etsy.
- I bought a black dog nose and replenished some safety eyes from 6060 on Etsy.
- I bought removable wallpaper samples from Etsy. We liked this one, but Dan suggested I paint it instead and get the kids involved.
- Books I’ve Finished (listened to each of these on the Hoopla app):
- A Tale of Magic by Chris Colfer, so I got it from the library. Amazon Affiliate Link.
- You Are Not So Smart: Why You Have Too Many Friends on Facebook, Why Your Memory is Mostly Fiction by David McRaney- Amazon Affiliate Link
- Riley taught me how to make Disney ears using a headband, cardboard shapes for the ears, polyfill, material, ribbons and a glue gun. No sewing required. We filmed a video that will be up on the Down Cellar Studio YouTube Channel soon.
Pigskin Party wrapped up; winners announced in Episode 202. If you won a prize and haven’t already reached out already please get in touch before March 10th.Events
- Virtual Vogue Knitting Live- March 18-21- Workshops posted
- Check out friend of pod, Mara Smith is teaching a class on Saturday March 21 12:30p-1:30p. Lecture: Sit Right and Knit All Night: How Proper Ergonomics Can Increase Productivity
- Carolina FiberFest (virtual): March 11-14. . Workshops March 11-14, with vendors, free talks and demonstrations on the 12-14th.
- Let’s welcome Jen from the Commuter Knitter Podcast back to the Podcasting world! She uploaded a new episode for the first time after 4 years. Great episode, fun audio from her 4 year old twins at the end. Find Jen on Instagram as NDJen04
- Check out the AndersMill Knits Podcast on YouTube. I joined Emily & Stephanie. Episode 57.1 & 57.2
- Check out my Thrift Haul Video
- Weekend Crafty Vlog– February 14th & 15th : You’ll get weekend knitting, crochet and spinning. You’ll also see some yoga, snowy walks in the woods, hear an update on my experience with my 2nd Covid Vaccine, and join me (and the fam) for thrifting adventures.
- My Studio Redesign is complete. Check out the transformation video on YouTube.
- Thanks for getting me over 1,000 subscribers! I really appreciate your support.
Update: 21 for 2021 List- Completed:
- #4- Complete Book 2 for my 2018 Album
- #10- Hit 1,000 subscribers on YouTube
- #11- Participate in the February Challenge on Instagram
- #12- Read/listen to 10 books
- #19- Submit a pattern to at least 1 publication
Limestone knits asked on IG- How to choose sweater patterns that integrate well with your existing wardrobe
- What colors do you wear? What colors do you like up near your face? Do you like stripes? Patterns?
- What type of sweater do you usually wear? Pullovers? Cardigans? Baggy/fitted?
- When you wear sweaters what are you doing and what else are you wearing? Do you only ever wear sweaters out of the house, never at home? Do you want your sweater to pair with jeans? Leggings?
- Are you warm blooded or cold blooded?
- Thrifting with Mom, Riley and Millie over the holiday weekend. So fun!
- Walking in the snow with Hattie and Megg last Saturday.
- Visiting with Millie outside, safely and sitting fireside on her birthday. Getting to see Garret skate in the ice rink my brother made in the backyard.
- My BFF came for a socially distant visit- bringing fresh, local mint chip ice cream and flowers.
- New “bowl” in my food rotation: Black Bean Cowboy burger from Trader Joe’s, a little bit of quinoa, whatever roasted veggies are in the fridge, a little cheese and BBQ sauce.
You make mistakes, mistakes don’t make you”― Maxwell Maltz
Thank you for tuning in!
Please note: book links are all Amazon Affiliate Links. If you make a purchase (or anything else) after clicking through that link, I’ll get a small percentage. It doesn’t cost you any extra. It’s a great way to support the podcast, so thanks in advance for considering purchasing through these links.
- Ravelry: BostonJen & Down Cellar Studio Podcast Ravelry Group
- Instagram: BostonJen1
- YouTube: Down Cellar Studio
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/downcellarstudio
- Sign up for my email newsletter to get the latest on everything happening in the Down Cellar Studio
- Check out my Down Cellar Studio YouTube Channel
- Music -“Soft Orange Glow” by Josh Woodward. Free download: http://joshwoodward.com/