Manage episode 331668846 series 2797840
Dr. Nathan Riley is a board certified obstetrician in California advocating for autonomous birth. Through his experiences as a hospice care provider he learned that choices around end of life care are no different from choices in birth: What matters is that mothers feel in charge of their bodies during their birth experiences. He argues that birth is so much more than the standard metrics of vital signs, length of labor, fetal status or any variable routinely measured in labor in the medical model of care. Join us in this stimulating conversation on how women can better empower themselves in birth and hear one courageous OB's perspective on what his role actually is in birth: Supporting your sovereignty and your choice without coercion or judgement.
Dr. Nathan Riley OBGYN
This show is sponsored by:
Vyana Infant Massage*
Beautiful Births and Beyond*
*Use promo code DOWNTOBIRTH
Connect with Cynthia and Trisha at:
- Instagram: @downtobirthshow on Instagram
- Email: Contact@DownToBirthShow.com
- Call: (802) 438-3696 (802-GET-DOWN)
Work with Cynthia:
- Email: Cynthia@HypnoBirthingCT.com
- Text: 203-952-7299 to RSVP to attend a free information session live on Zoom. Upcoming dates are posted at HypnoBirthingCT.com. You can also sign up for our Fourth Trimester Workshop, Breastfeeding Workshop or Cynthia's HypnoBirthing classes and weekly postpartum support groups at HypnoBirthing of Connecticut.
Work with Trisha at:
- Email: Trisha.Ludwig@gmail.com for online breastfeeding consulting services or text 734-649-6294 for more info.
We serve women and couples coast to coast with our live, online monthly HypnoBirthing classes, support groups and prenatal/postpartum workshops.
We are so grateful for your reviews and shares!
Please remember we don’t provide medical advice, and to speak with your licensed medical provider related to all your healthcare matters. Thanks so much for joining in the conversation, and see you next week!