Manage episode 274436096 series 111835
Our favorite lawyer is back behind the mic to share his insights on what's happening in the UAE's legal world. Ahmed Odeh, Managing Partner at MIO Law Firm joins us to answer our and your legal questions.
What's been covered this episode:
- Arabtec Files For Liquidation
- Mental Health Week
- UAE's Insolvency Law: Insolvency Law No. 19 of 2019 which has come to effect as of 30 November 2019 which is intended to provide sufficient protections to natural or civil persons who are facing financial distress and are unable to settle their debts, unlike the UAE Bankruptcy Law which regulates commercial companies and individuals considered as traders under the Commercial Transactions Code.
- NMC: NMC Health is a healthcare chain and distribution business in the UAE.
- ADGM: Abu Dhabi Global Market.
- I'm an engineer working with a private company in Dubai for the last seven years, and for the past eight months, I've been going through some mental health issues, and I'm seeking some treatment. My company knows about this treatment, because I was citing mental health issues on several occasions where I needed to take leave. Now, due to the COVID-19 situation and the uncertainties surrounding the crisis, I am under severe stress and anxiety and it affected my work negatively. Last week, my company terminated my services. So the question is, is it illegal is or is it legal to fire an employee who has mental health issues? Do I have the legal right to keep my job as long as I am capable of delivering work requirements?
If you’ve got any, you could either send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or slide in our DMs, and we promise to keep it anonymous.
Check out the episode on your favorite podcasting platform.