Manage episode 292094836 series 2862252
It is Baker's night and Alufi is "Assisting the Clean-up Efforts after a Lamanian Totemdragon destroyed parts of Sharn". Sylas sits down with Sharn Chef Na'tuk Lahlfide to make some delicious Xen'Drik Rum Cake for this wonderful Silver Flame holiday. Recipe Below! CHECK OUT OUR NEW DISCORD!!!!!! -- https://discord.gg/WYyzaKTSsz Recipe: Ingredients- Cake:
2 cups Flour
1 ½ cups Sugar
3.4 ounce Instant Pudding. Vanilla Flavored. This is a special ingredient from the Mror Holds. It’s a pudding that has been dried, ground down and flavored. It helps thicken the cake and keep it moist.
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp salt
1 stick of Unsalted Butter softened to be easy to work with.
½ cup Cooking Oil. We are using a vegetable oil, but I don’t remember the vegetable.
½ cup Tribex Milk at room temperature.
4 Small Glidewing Eggs. We are using Glidewing, but 4 large chicken eggs can work fine.
½ Cup Coffee infused Rum - This rum is a Xen’Drik Specialty, made by a Lyrandar captain that brews the espresso and coffee and uses some kind of magic or who knows, to combine the essence of the coffee into the rum.
2 tsp Extracted Vanilla
Syrup: 1 stick of unsalted butter
¼ cup water
1 cup Sugar
¼ tsp Salt
½ cup Rum
½ tsp Extracted Vanilla
- Set oven to 335 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the Flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, instant pudding, salt, and oil until it comes to a sand-like consistency.
- Add milk, eggs, and rum. Mix until smooth.
- Pour cake batter into a greased and floured Bundt pan (Almond Flour is what we use). This is when you can drop a coin into the cake for a special surprise for Baker's Night!
- Place cake in pre-heated oven for 50 minutes, or 5 minutes if using a Canith Quick Cabinet.
- While cake is baking, pour all sauce ingredients into a small pot or saucepan. Bring to a steady boil.
- Once the sauce is boiling, reduce the temperature, stirring occasionally until it thickens slightly.
- Remove the Sauce from the heat and wait for the cake to finish in the oven.
- Remove the cake when the time is up, or when the sides of the cake begin to pull away from the pan.
- Carefully poke holes through the entire cake with a fork, chopstick, skewer, really anything.
- slowly pour in the sauce in batches. Let it seep into the cake then pour more over top. Repeat this until there is no more sauce left.
- Cover the cake with a Cannith Cleanly Membrane, or plastic wrap.
- let the cake sit over night, Or just one hour in a Cannith Quick Cabinet.
- Turn the cake over onto a plate and serve. If the cake doesn't come loose, just heat it up in the oven for a 10 minutes at 325 degrees to soften the sticky sauce.
Get more content from our Website -- https://www.sivisechoerstation.com/
Become a Patron! -- https://www.patreon.com/sivisechoerstation
This is an unofficial Dungeons and Dragons podcast based on the Eberron Campaign setting.
Check us out:
Twitter -- https://twitter.com/SivisEchoers
Logo artist -- https://www.instagram.com/fumonero.art/?hl=en
Intro/outro composer -- https://www.instagram.com/brandonmaahs/?hl=en
Interim composer -- https://www.instagram.com/thebardicinspiration/