Manage episode 281916606 series 1432966
Have you ever had to force yourself to go to sleep at night? Do you wake up in the middle of the night and find yourself lying in bed for hours and hours? Maybe you just couldn’t avoid bringing up a difficult conversation with your partner at bedtime? Why not use naps, meals, caffeine intake, and even spiritual practices to help you sleep better?
People who usually suffer from insomnia tend to have created poor sleep habits due to depression, anxiety, lack of activity, or certain medications.
This sleep disorder is most common in adults and thanks to different studies conducted in different countries around the world, we have found that 30% of the population suffers from it.
But how can we treat it?
In this episode, Dr. Carmen Roman talks about all these things and more. Offering us a simple definition of insomnia, and shares some helpful ideas for optimal sleep hygiene. If you’re struggling with getting to sleep at night or staying asleep, you’ll find better ways to get rest that don’t involve medicine or alcohol. Dr. Carmen lays it all out here.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Ways you can improve the quantity and quality of your sleep
- Insomnia defined
- What are the symptoms?
- Identifying some common causes of insomnia
- Simple ways help yourself get to sleep more EASILY
- Why falling asleep with the TV on may not be a good idea
- How to rest with a light on
- The effects of trauma on sleep deprivation
- A great investment for dealing with trauma
- The Consequences of insomnia
- Tips for optimal sleep hygiene (including thoughts on napping, caffeine, meals, exercise, and more)
- Arranging your environment for better sleep
- Thoughts on having conversations at night
- Other helpful night time activities
- Ways to cope with anxiety
- The #1 mistake people make when they can’t sleep
- The use of faith and spiritual practices as sleep aids
- How to navigate work shifts and their effects on your sleep
Beyond the Couch Podcast – Insomnia: How do you sleep? (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/insomnia-how-did-you-sleep/id1218053599?i=1000390100562&mt=2)
Join the Emotional Freedom Challenge!:
Are you ready to enhance your overall life? Learn how to Negotiate Anything!
Enroll today and claim a 10% discount and a free 30 minutes psychoeducation with me!
Connect with Dr. Carmen Román
- Website www.emotionsinharmony.org
- Email email@example.com
- Telegram https://t.me/EmotionsinHarmony
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/EmotionsinHarmony/
- Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/AmigosinHarmony/
- Instagram https://www.Instagram.com/EmotionsinHarmony/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/DraCarmenRoman
- YouTube www.Youtube.com/c/ArmoniaEmocional
- Amazon https://www.amazon.com/shop/dracarmenroman