Manage episode 277270694 series 2472378
In this "Reflections" episode Part 2, Teri and Michael reflect back on episodes on the topic of sex, womanhood, and femininity: Episode 117: Jennifer Block on “Everything Below the Waist: Why Health Care Needs a Feminist Revolution,” Episode 119: #SurvivorStories Series with “Sophia” on navigating the intersection of gender and race in healthcare, Episode 120: Susan Bordo on sex and femininity in politics and its intersection with sexism and misogyny, and Episode 121: Kyl Myers on “Raising Them: Our Adventure in Gender Creative Parenting.”
During our conversation, Michael and I touched upon the following resources in our conversation:
- Michael and Teri's prediction that if Trump loses, he won't leave quietly, and why his current refusal to concede matters
- How being a woman was a pre-existing condition before the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- How the medical and drug industry center profit over women's safety and agency
- Examples of ethically questionable behavior such as the power morcellator or the transvaginal mesh
- How Trump's damage to science could last decades to recover from
- Sexism and misogyny in 2016 elections and in politics in general
- The Brainwashing of My Dad interview with Jen Senko
- Our interview with Jessica Taylor on Why Women Are Blamed for Everything
- The impact of Amy Coney Barrett's confirmation and addition to the Supreme Court on women's rights
- Misogynoir and how Black women have protected men's violence against them to advance Black liberation
- How "sex" is not considered a "strict scrutiny" category under the law and why feminists are fighting for ratifying the Equal Rights Amendment
Thanks for tuning in to the en(gender)ed podcast!
Join our feminist community of survivors, advocates and allies!
Consider donating because your support is what makes this work sustainable.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show!