Manage episode 266588709 series 2456393
On this episode of the en(gender)ed podcast, our guest is Jordan Zaslow, an award-winning director and producer and champion of female voices. She is currently serving as Executive Director of Women For The Win, a coalition committed to creating positive political change and giving voice to underrepresented female candidates. We speak with Jordan today about her work for Women For The Win, the importance of gender equality and representation in our democracy, and how and what role brands and public figures have in promoting messaging that strengthen our democractic norms, structures, and institutions.
During our conversation, Jordan and I referenced the following resources and topics:
- The history of Women for the Win and its origin story with Ramaa Mosley
- How the question of "likeability" shows up for female candidates
- Jon Freeman Lab’s research on how implicit bias impacts behavior
- Surviving R. Kelly
- The HBR article, "Women Scored Higher Than Men in Most Leadership Skills"
- Women's "confidence gap"
- Melanie D'Arrigo's candidacy
- Kathy Ellis' candidacy
- Phyllis Harvey-Hall's candidacy
- Pat Timmons-Goodson's candidacy
- Kim Nelson's candidacy
Thanks for tuning in to the en(gender)ed podcast!
Join our feminist community of survivors, advocates and allies!
Consider donating because your support is what makes this work sustainable.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show!