Manage episode 266388520 series 1337142
It's been a busy year for energy policy in China, and we're only in the beginning of July. This summer and fall are crucial periods in the design of the 14th Five-Year Plan, and many listeners are already aware that there are big issues at stake for climate and the environment. In today's podcast, we're releasing the audio of a Beijing Energy Network webinar held in mid-June. Recent Environment China podcast host Anders Hove and China Dialogue's Wu Yixiu delivered a joint presentation covering a lot of important details of this process. Topics touched on include:
- Recent renewable energy trends in China.
- Why China is seeing a wave of new coal plant approvals.
- Whether wind and solar are likely to grow in 2020, and how much.
- Whether China will enhance its climate ambition or adopt a carbon cap.
- What the new energy law and clean energy consumption mechanism drafts are all about.
The 14th Five-Year Plan: What Ideas are on the Table?
Current Direction for Renewable Energy in China: