Manage episode 182702782 series 1207151
An English village life. Moving to the UK. Raising children abroad and traveling with four kids under seven years old. Just a few topics on this week’s episode of Epic Education Radio.
Like what you’re hearing?
Then please subscribe, rate & review Epic Education Radio.
We would be extremely grateful!
iTunes is a search engine as well, and so when you rate and review us, you help others find us. Thank you!
An American Family, an English Village Life
Meet Christina Davies. She and her husband Scott wanted to live an English village life, so they found their way to the UK and made it happen. Fast forward a decade or so and they've found their English village life, and a family as well! All four kids were born in England, and the Davies family now have dual citizenship.
In this Epic Education Radio interview, I talk to Christina about English village life and how they achieved it. We discuss how they moved to England, where they live, education in their English village and Christina's tips for travel with young children.
Listen in! And please share!
IN THIS EPISODE
- 02:43 Intro and recent traveling experiences
- 07:40 Why & how they arranged their English village life
- 11:09 Her work: paramedic medical missions
- 13:40 A day in English Village Life
- 17:48 English Village Life: the village pub
- 20:34 Challenges & adjustments to English Village Life
- 24:57 Education and socialization
- 29:30 Travel gear
- 41:17 Travel tips
- 47:12 Resources
- Names: Christina Davies, her husband, Scott and their 4 kids (6, 4, 2, and 1 year old)
- Hold passports from: USA (now also having UK citizenship)
- Type of travel: Living abroad in the UK (over 10 years)
- A few places they've been: Morocco, Spain, Portugal, and other European destinations
IN THEIR BAGS
- Phil and Ted’s Double Buggy
- 2 Osprey Meridian Backpacks
- Victorinox Bag
- North Face Bag
- Karrimor day pack
- Components from a Pacapod baby bag
- NESO Tent
- Passport holder
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Lipa Mole
- Splash Math
- Doodle Maths
- Peek-a-boo Barn
- Youtube: Jonathan Bird’s Blue World
- Youtube: Mighty Machines
- Skypeout Number
If you'd like to contact Christina, you can find her at:
Christina_athens [at] yahoo [dot] com
Full-on family travel fundamentals. Epic Education Radio is interviews, stories and advice for people who decide to make travel a priority in their family's life...and for those who want to. Tune in each week to hear stories and advice from new traveling families, and hear how they've handled various family travel-related issues like education, socialization, working, budgeting, accommodation, road-parenting, safety, technology and more. We talk gear, websites, apps and other resources for traveling & nomadic families, and answer questions from those who would like to do something similar.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means, at no extra cost to you, we might receive a small commission if you make a purchase or book using those links. My opinions are my own and I only recommend places/services that I believe will genuinely help your travel.