Manage episode 319380242 series 41400
Besides covering the Agoric platform, we dove into the long prehistory with Agoric CEO Dean Tribble. Dean and his co-founders have been working on smart contracts and secure computing for decades, long before cryptocurrencies were invented, and a lot of that work shaped the Agoric platform today. We talked about underlying design principles like the Object Capability Security Model, but also the tradeoffs between Ethereum's model of scaling on a single chain versus the Cosmos model of sovereign chains interoperating asynchronously.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Dean's background and how he got into crypto
- Smart contracts in pre-blockchain times
- Why was Agoric created?
- The Object Capability Security Model
- Why they chose to build on the Cosmos SDK and the problems that solves
- IBC transfers
- How much can Agoric scale?
- What's coming next for Agoric
- Episode 286 - Agoric and the Decades-Long Quest for Secure Smart Contracts
- Agoric website
- Agoric on Twitter
- Dean on Twitter
- ParaSwap: ParaSwap aggregates all major DEXs and makes sure you beat the market price at every single swap and with the lowest slippage - paraswap.io/epicenter
- Chorus One: Chorus One runs validators on cutting edge Proof of Stake networks such as Cosmos, Solana, Celo, Polkadot and Oasis. - https://epicenter.rocks/chorusone
This episode is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/429