Manage episode 321830269 series 41400
Axelar is a highly scalable, decentralized blockchain that aims to connect all existing blockchains. The proof of stake network, built on the Cosmos-SDK, allows application developers to choose the best blockchain to deploy their applications and use Axelar’s cross-chain communication protocols to lock, unlock, and transfer assets between networks, as well as communicate with applications on other blockchains.
Co-founder and CEO of Axelar, Sergey Gorbunov joined us to chat about his experience working on Algorand, the importance and future of interoperabilty protocols, and the vision behind Axelar.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Sergey's background and how he got into crypto
- The lessons he learnt from his time at Algorand
- Why and how Axelar was built
- The future of interoperabilty protocols
- What are security challenges around interoperability
- Interoperability use cases beyond token transfers
- Atomic transactions with Alexar
- The road ahead for Axelar
- ParaSwap: ParaSwap aggregates all major DEXs and makes sure you beat the market price at every single swap and with the lowest slippage - paraswap.io/epicenter
- Chorus One: Chorus One runs validators on cutting edge Proof of Stake networks such as Cosmos, Solana, Celo, Polkadot and Oasis. - https://epicenter.rocks/chorusone
This episode is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/433