Manage episode 278231503 series 2437481
We are delighted and very excited to have Wim Hof joining us today! Wim is known as The Iceman because he is an extreme athlete who can withstand unbelievably cold temperatures. He has a new book that has recently come out, called The Wim Hof Method: Activate Your Full Human Potential, which has just hit the New York Times Bestseller List. The Wim Hof Method is a combination of cold water exposure, breathing techniques, and meditation.
Many of us are feeling overwhelmed with stress right now. Wim explains that we are built to be connected with our stress mechanisms at will to defy any kind of stress. If we don’t go into the stress mechanisms of our brain in the way that nature intended, we leave them unstimulated. Those underdeveloped mechanisms will eventually be unable to work in connection with our will when something truly stressful happens to us. Wim has a lot of wisdom to share, so be sure to stay tuned today to learn about his unique method for coping with stress naturally.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- How we are built to connect with our stress mechanisms at will, to be able to defy any stress.
- How the cold quickly connects us with our adaptive powers, thermogenesis, and the deeper parts of our brain.
- Connecting with the deeper parts of the brain through the power of your intention.
- Why you need to work hard and change your mindset to gain control of
- your deeper biological processes.
- How breathing techniques, meditation, and cold therapy can stimulate your immune system, change your biochemistry, and heal you.
- How to get high on your own supply.
- What a typical day looks like for Wim.
- Using hormetic stressful exercises to access the RNA.
- Using mitochondrial influence to create more energy than you will ever need.
- Wim’s new book is The Wim Hof Method: Activate Your Full Human Potential.
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
Check out Cynthia’s website
Connect with Wim