Manage episode 290860272 series 2548294
Kathy Hannun is Co-Founder & President of Dandelion Energy. Kathy has spent the last decade focused on finding “Moonshots,” which are business opportunities that harness technology for large-scale positive impact for millions, even billions, of people. Starting as a rapid evaluator at Google X's moonshot factory, she took the leap at a moonshot idea for reducing fossil-powered heating costs and carbon emissions with earth powered geothermal energy.
Most recently, this innovative startup has raised $30 million in funding from top venture capitalists like Bill Gate's Breakthrough Energy Ventures, set a new standard for geothermal quality and cost-effectiveness, and empowered homeowners to avoid over 100 million pounds of carbon emissions and counting.
Full show notes and worksheets can be found here: evolvethe.world/episodes/kathy-hannun
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- How to identify and validate moonshot ideas
- How to create an MVP for a moonshot idea
- Dandelion's 3 innovations that make it successful in the energy market
- How much a founder should disclose about their personal life during fundraising
- Why risk taking is necessary to solve global problems
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. I also love reading the reviews!